Weber® Summit® Charcoal Grill
The Weber Summit Charcoal Grill’s combination of capability and convenience adds a new dimension to kamado cooking. No matter what you cook, this steel Weber kamado makes it easy, taking the guesswork out of BBQ. Weber’s step-by-step cooking system makes it easy to cook low-and-slow brisket at 250°F, fire-baked pizza at 800°F, or sear the perfect steak. Featuring classic Weber styling and striking stainless steel trimmings, this is a premium charcoal grill that looks as good as it cooks. The Snap-Jet™ gas ignition and Rapidfire™ Lid Damper get you cooking in 15 minutes, while air-insulated double walls and a braided stainless steel gasket seal in heat to keep you cooking for hours. The Summit’s large 24in stainless steel cooking grate offers 452 square inches of cooking space; both the grate and the air-insulated stainless steel diffuser plate are hinged, making it easy to add charcoal or wood mid-cook. Also available: Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center
- Adjustable fuel grate has positions for low-and-slow smoking and direct/indirect cooking.
- Responsive temperature control, you can easily adjust temperatures as needed.
- Low-and-slow vent design limits airflow during smoking.
- Cleanup is easy with Weber’s One-Touch™ cleaning system.
- Durable porcelain enameled body won’t crack and is easy to move.
- Weber’s Gourmet BBQ System™ cooking grate allows you to switch between a variety of inserts for next level grilling.
Weber® Summit® Charcoal Grill Expert Review
Anytime Weber releases a new grill there’s excitement, but I was chomping at the bit to get my hands on the Summit Charcoal Grill. It’s Weber’s first foray into kamado grills, a field dominated by ceramic grills like the Big Green Egg, and I needed just one look to see the Summit Charcoal is a different kind of kamado.
Reasons to Buy
There are a lot of reasons to love this grill, but a few stand out as unique. First, most kamado grills are ceramic, which is great at absorbing heat, but is heavy and fragile. A steel kamado, the Summit Charcoal is lighter and more durable than a ceramic grill, and I found the double-walled construction to be every bit as good at retaining heat. Unlike a ceramic grill, I was also able to cool it down quickly, going from high-heat grilling to low-and-slow smoking in an hour.
Something that really impressed me was the Summit’s accessibility—this is a grill anyone can enjoy. I have gas grill friends interested in a kamado, but are reluctant to invest in a charcoal grill with a steep learning curve. As if hearing their concerns, Weber designed the Summit Charcoal for convenience. Yes, the Snap-Jet™ propane ignition makes lighting charcoal incredibly easy—a simple twist of the knob and 15 minutes later I was ready to cook—but Weber also developed a step-by-step manual/cookbook that walks you through how much charcoal to add and how to set the dampers. Smoking and searing, I had no problem hitting and holding my temperature.
The best feature may be the included extras. My big complaint about kamado grills is that they’re marketed as smokers, but seldom include the diffuser plate needed for smoking. The Summit Charcoal comes with a stainless steel diffuser plate. It also includes a three-wheeled cart and loads of stainless steel upgrades, including a braided stainless steel gasket that’s infinitely more durable than the felt gasket included with most kamados. All of these extras add up to an overall value on par or better than Weber’s competitor
Reasons to Keep Shopping
For anyone feeding a small family or hosting a few friends, the Summit Charcoal may be too big. For those people, I recommend smaller kamados from Primo, Kamado Joe, or the Broil King Keg. Also, despite its convenience, the Summit Charcoal falls short of being a set-it and forget-it grill. If you want the versatility of a kamado and true set-it and forget-it technology, look at pellet grills from Memphis Grills, Traeger, Louisiana Grills, or the Pellet-Q450.
- Cooking Area:
- Ease of Use:
- Included Accessories:
- Heat Retention:
- Fuel Type: Charcoal
- Configuration: Freestanding
- Primary Cooking Grid Width: 24in.
- Primary Cooking Grid Depth: 24in
- Primary Cooking Grid Size: 452 Sq. Inches
- Overall Cooking Grid Size: 452Sq. Inches
- Cooking Grid Material: Stainless Steel
- Color: Black
- Exterior Material: Porcelain Enameled
- Features: Analog Thermometer, Charcoal Lighter
- Overall Height: 46in.
- Overall Width: 40in.
- Overall Depth: 36in.
- Ease of Use: 4
Fast Free Shipping
Order today and get this product shipped absolutely FREE within the contiguous 48 states of the United States. THIS OFFER APPLIES TO STANDARD SHIPPING ONLY. Upgraded Shipping and Express Shipping, including but not limited to Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air, & 3 Day Select, are not included in this offer. FireCraft's Shipping Policy
This Item Ships Truck Freight: Read The Details Below
Items shipped by Truck Freight will require a signature at the time of delivery. If you authorize the shipping company to deliver your products with no signature, FireCraft, Inc. cannot be held responsible for any damages that may have occurred during shipping.
- NOTE – All shipments should be inspected at the time of delivery. Damaged packages should be refused.
- If you are not sure how to receive a Truck Freight shipment, take a look at our How To Receive Freight Shipment checklist. This form will arrive with your shipment.
- We strongly recommend that you read and understand this form before your shipment arrives, or if you are planning on placing an order that will require Truck Freight shipping.