Sweet & Spicy Chicken and Pineapple Skewers
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 pineapple, cubed
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 inch squres
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- Zest of 1 lime
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- In a medium bowl or container, combine the marinade ingredients and stir together.
- Add the chicken to the marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Load the Q450 with peach pellets and set the temperature to 400°F
- Thread the skewers, alternating chicken, pineapple, bell pepper, cherry tomato, and red onion.
- One the grill is up to temp, put the skewers on the grill, turning every 3-5 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked all the way through, remove from the grill.
- Serve and enjoy!