Pulled Pork Sweet Potato Bites
Appetizers, hors devours, finger foods—whatever you call those tasty one-bite delights, no holiday party is complete without them. They’re the stocking stuffers of any gathering, a small but satisfying precursor to what’s to come. But even a novice party-goer knows not all appetizers are equal. The best are clamored after, while the rest are passed over.
These Pulled Pork Sweet Potato Bites are sure to cause a stir and disappear as quickly as you put them out. They hit all the right notes, combining crispy and creamy textures while balancing sweet and savory flavors. A crisp sweet potato round is topped with goat cheese and pulled pork then drizzled with your favorite BBQ sauce. We prepared these on the Pellet-Q450, but they can be made on any grill or your kitchen oven.
Wood Pellet Flavor -Alder, Apple, Cherry, Hickory, Maple, Oak, Pecan
Preheat the Pellet-Q450 to 425°F
- In a large bowl, add the sliced sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt, and crushed red pepper. Stir until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Layer the sliced sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and place on the grill.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until slightly crispy.
- Put the leftover pulled pork in foil or an aluminum tray (you can add apple juice to keep it moist) then place on the grill to warm when the potatoes have about 10 minutes left.
- Remove potatoes and pork from the grill. On each potato slice add a layer of goat cheese and a forkful of pulled pork.
- Drizzle with BBQ sauce (if you prefer, you can sauce the pulled pork ahead of time).
- Serve and enjoy.