Grilled Scallop Tacos with Charred Corn Salsa
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 2 ears of corn, husked
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup red or green cabbage, chopped
- 3 tbs olive oil, divided
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- Charred Corn Salsa
- Load the Q450's hopper with maple pellets
- Set up the Q450 Sear Station for open-flame grilling (if you don't have a Sear Station, set the temperature to 500F)
- Brush the corn with olive oil then put on the sear station, turning every 2-3 minutes until the kernels char and the corn is evenly cooked on all sides.
- Remove the corn from the grill then slice kernels off of the cob and put into a medium sized bowl.
- Add the red onion, tomatoes, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the bowl and stir.
- Set aside the salsa.
- Grilled Scallops
- Brush the scallops with olive oil then season with salt and pepper.
- Place the scallops on the Sear Station and grill 1½ to 2 minutes on each side until they're opaque (note: if using smaller scallops that could fall into the grates, you can flip the Sear Station to create a flat top).
- Remove scallops from the grill and slice in half.
- Place the scallops in the tortillas with cabbage and charred corn salsa.
- Serve and enjoy!