Grilled Eggplant, Tomato, and Feta Stacks
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Sprinkle the eggplant rounds with salt on both sides and let sit on a paper towel for 30 minutes to draw out the water.
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil, basil, garlic, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper then stir together. Set aside.
- Load the Q450 with hickory pellets and set the temperature to 450°F.
- Brush olive oil on each eggplant slice then grill 2 -3 minutes each side until cooked.
- Reduce the grill temperature to 350°F.
- Arrange the eggplant on the grill, spoon a little of the oil mix onto each, sprinkle on a layer of feta, and top with tomato. Repeat, adding another layer each of eggplant, oil, feta, and tomato.
- Close the lid and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the tomatoes are wilted and the cheese melts.
- Serve and enjoy!