Bourbon Bison Burger
- 1½ lb. ground bison
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- Lettuce (optional)
- 1 tomato, sliced (optional)
- 4 slices smoked Gouda (optional)
- 4 buns
- 1 Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 oz. Bourbon, divided
- Load the Pellet-Q450 with Jack Daniels pellets.
- Set up the Q450 Sear Station on the left side of the grill then set the temperature to 400°F.
- Place a cast iron skillet on the right side of the grill (non-Sear Station side) and heat up the olive oil. Then add the sliced onions and season with salt and pepper. Close the lid.
- While the onions caramelize, add the ground bison, Worcestershire sauce, and 1 ounce of Bourbon to a bowl and mix.
- Shape the meat into 4 equal sized patties then season each with salt and pepper on both sides .
- When the onions are soft and slightly golden, add 2 ounces of Bourbon, stir, and let cook until the Bourbon has been absorbed, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Set the Q450 to Open Flame 1 (FL1).
- Place the burgers on the Sear Station and grill for about 3 minutes then flip. Add cheese and cook another 3 minutes (bison is cooked medium to medium-rare).
- Lay each patty on a bun with onion, lettuce, and tomato.
- Serve and enjoy!