Traeger Pellet Grills® Pro Series 34 Pellet Grill
Grill like a pro, chill like a legend. Redesigned with Advanced Grilling Logic, the Traeger Pro Series 34 automatically maintains its temperature within 15°F. That means you can spend more time kicking back and less time working at the grill. It doesn’t matter if you’re serving smoked beef ribs, beer- braised bratwurst, or bone-in Duroc pork chops, the Pro Series 34 does it with ease. With an included secondary rack and a total cooking area of 884 square inches, the Pro Series 34 has enough cooking capacity to cook for a crowd and still have a little extra for leftovers. Also available in Blue.
- Powder-coated bronze lid.
- Digital Pro Controller with dual meat probes allow you to monitor your cook on an LCD display.
- The sturdy sawhorse chassis provides extra stability.
- Quickly and easily changed pellet flavors with the Pellet Hopper Clean-Out.
- A Side-lift bar and all-terrain wheels make moving your Pro Series 34 easy.
- Plugs into a standard 110v outlet.
Traeger® Pro Series 34 Expert Review
When I think of pellet grills, I think of Traeger, who invented the innovative cookers and dominated the market for over 20 years. However, with more pellet grills than ever to choose from and more brands integrating user-friendly features, Traeger was due for an update. The Pro Series 34 introduces a reimagined and redesigned Traeger with a striking new look, included accessories, and improved temperature control.
Reasons to Buy
For anyone familiar with Traeger, it’s clear that the Pro Series 34 represents a makeover. Overall, I like the updated design, which shows Traeger is continuing to evolve 30 years into its history. While the familiar barrel shape and smokestack remain, the Pro Series 34 features a new contemporary look, starting with a sleek bronze or gunmetal blue finish. The striking modern appearance is combined with a more rugged build—thick legs and a stout sawhorse chassis provide exceptional stability, while all-terrain wheels and a side-mounted lift bar make it easy to move this grill around the yard.
One thing I wanted Traeger to improve was their controller, which had started to feel outdated compared to many of the sophisticated controllers entering the market. With the Pro Series 34, Traeger has taken a step in the right direction. It features Traeger’s new Advanced Grilling Logic, which is capable of maintaining +/- 15°F and is Traeger’s most accurate controller to date. I’m also pleased that the controller has 2 inputs for meat probes and the dual meat probes are included, allowing you to monitor the internal temperature of multiple foods at once.
Finally, I like the size of this grill. When I have people over, I want to be able to cook everything at once. Unfortunately, there aren’t a lot of quality pellet grills with a large cooking area for under a $1000. The Pro Series 34 is one of them. With a primary grate of 646 square inches, it offers enough cooking space for entertaining, but to be sure Traeger also includes an upper rack, which expands the total cooking area to 884 square inches.
Reasons to Keep Shopping
Although Traeger updated the controller, the Pro Series 34 still uses a multi-position controller, which offers less precision than a one-touch controller. And while the Advanced Grilling Logic delivers better accuracy, it’s not as sophisticated as a PID controller, which can maintain +/- 5°F. Also, the dual meat probes can only monitor temperatures, unlike programmable probes that can automatically lower the heat when food is done. If you want a similarly sized pellet grill with all of the above functionality at a comparable price to the Pro Series 34, I suggest the Louisiana Grills LG 900 or Louisiana Grills LG 1100.
- Cooking Area:
- Ease of Use:
- Included Accessories:
- Hopper Capacity:
- Fuel Type: Pellets
- Configuration: Freestanding
- Primary Cooking Grid Width: 34 in.
- Primary Cooking Grid Depth: 19 in.
- Primary Cooking Grid Size: 646Sq. Inches
- Overall Cooking Grid Size: 884 Sq. Inches
- Number of Cooking Levels: 2
- Cooking Grid Material: Porcelain Coated
- Color: Bronze or Blue
- Exterior Material: Powder Coated Steel
- Features: Digital Control Board, Easy Pellet Change, Food Probe, Secondary Cooking Grid
- Overall Height: 49 in.
- Overall Width: 53 in.
- Overall Depth: 27 in.
- Ease of Use: 5
|Part Number||Catalog Number||Lid Color|
Fast Free Shipping
Order today and get this product shipped absolutely FREE within the contiguous 48 states of the United States. THIS OFFER APPLIES TO STANDARD SHIPPING ONLY. Upgraded Shipping and Express Shipping, including but not limited to Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air, & 3 Day Select, are not included in this offer. FireCraft's Shipping Policy
This Item Ships Truck Freight: Read The Details Below
Items shipped by Truck Freight will require a signature at the time of delivery. If you authorize the shipping company to deliver your products with no signature, FireCraft, Inc. cannot be held responsible for any damages that may have occurred during shipping.
- NOTE – All shipments should be inspected at the time of delivery. Damaged packages should be refused.
- If you are not sure how to receive a Truck Freight shipment, take a look at our How To Receive Freight Shipment checklist. This form will arrive with your shipment.
- We strongly recommend that you read and understand this form before your shipment arrives, or if you are planning on placing an order that will require Truck Freight shipping.