Traeger Pellet Grills® Pro Series 22 Pellet Grill
Cook like a pro, without all the work. The Traeger Pro Series 22 makes it easier than ever to cook delicious wood-fired food. Whether you’re craving low-and-slow BBQ brisket, savory roasted chicken, or gourmet wood fire pizza, the Pro Series 22 does it with ease. The Digital Pro Controller uses Advanced Grilling Logic to automatically maintain its temperature within 15°F. With the included secondary cooking rack, the Pro Series 22 has a total cooking area of 572 square inches—so you can invite over your friends and show off for your “skills.” Looking for more cooking space? The Traeger Pro Series 34 is the same grill with a larger cooking area. Plugs into a standard 110v outlet.
- Powder-coated bronze lid. (Also available in Blue.)
- Rugged sawhorse chassis provides added stability.
- Dual meat probes allow you to monitor your cook on an LCD display.
- Quickly change pellet flavors using the Pellet Hopper Clean-Out.
- A Side-lift bar and all-terrain wheels make it easy to move your Pro Series 22 around the yard.
- Add the optional Stainless Steel Upgrade Kit (includes fire pot, drip pan, and heat diffuser) for more durability.
Traeger® Pro Series 22 Expert Review
Because they started the whole pellet grill movement, I’m fascinated by everything Traeger does. To continue to keep pace in a competitive and rapidly growing market, the pellet grill pioneers introduced the Pro Series, which features updates to Traeger’s classic design, a few extra bells and whistles, and tighter temperature control.
Reasons to Buy
I like change. It shows a willingness to adapt and evolve, which even classic brands like Traeger need to do. Boasting a distinctive new look, the Traeger Pro Series 22 represents a departure from recent models. Although it retains the familiar barrel shape and smokestack, it has a modern look I’d describe as refined ruggedness. Available in a sleek gunmetal blue or bronze finish, it has thick metal legs and a robust sawhorse chassis for stability—and it’s definitely stouter than previous Traegers. I particularly like the inclusion of large all-terrain wheels and a side-mounted lift bar, both of which suggest this grill is meant to be moved around the yard.
A new coat of paint is great, but in the past few years the big trend with pellet grills has been technology, with more brands adopting precision controllers and user-friendly features. In my opinion, Traeger needed to keep pace with that movement, and the Pro Series 22 is a step in that direction. Of all the updates on the Pro Series, the control board is the most notable. The Pro Series 22 boasts Traeger’s Advanced Grilling Logic, which maintains +/- 15°F temperature control, making it the most precise Traeger yet.
Finally, with the Pro Series 22, Traeger has acknowledged that today’s pellet grill customer demands included accessories. One of my pet peeves are grills that advertise numerous capabilities then make me buy a list of accessories to enjoy those capabilities. Not here. Traeger has outfitted the Pro Series 22 inputs for 2 meat probes. I love that they included two inputs, making it possible to monitor different foods at once. What I love even more is that they included both probes with the grill. Another small inclusion, but one that’s appreciated, is an upper rack that provides some extra cooking space and added value.
Reasons to Keep ShoppingAlthough Traeger updated the controller, the Pro Series still uses a multi-position controller, which offers less precision than a one-touch controller. And while the Advanced Grilling Logic delivers better accuracy, it falls short of grills with sophisticated PID controllers like the Louisiana Grills LG 700 and the FireCraft Pellet-Q450, which can maintain +/- 5°F. Also, while the dual meat probes are a welcome inclusion, they can only monitor temperatures, unlike programmable probes that can automatically lower the heat when food is done. Finally, the Pro Series 22 offers enough cooking space for small gatherings, but for those who need to feed a crowd I’d suggest looking at the larger Traeger Pro Series 34.
- Cooking Area:
- Ease of Use:
- Included Accessories:
- Hopper Capacity:
- Fuel Type: Pellets
- Configuration: Freestanding
- Primary Cooking Grid Width: 22 in.
- Primary Cooking Grid Depth: 19 in.
- Primary Cooking Grid Size: 418Sq. Inches
- Overall Cooking Grid Size: 572 Sq. Inches
- Number of Cooking Levels: 2
- Cooking Grid Material: Porcelain Coated
- Color: Blue or Bronze
- Exterior Material: Powder Coated Steel
- Features: Digital Control Board, Easy Pellet Change, Food Probe, Secondary Cooking Grid
- Overall Height: 49 in.
- Overall Width: 41 in.
- Overall Depth: 27 in.
- Ease of Use: 5
|Part Number||Catalog Number||Lid Color||Stainless Steel Upgrade Kit|
Fast Free Shipping
Order today and get this product shipped absolutely FREE within the contiguous 48 states of the United States. THIS OFFER APPLIES TO STANDARD SHIPPING ONLY. Upgraded Shipping and Express Shipping, including but not limited to Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air, & 3 Day Select, are not included in this offer. FireCraft's Shipping Policy
This Item Ships Truck Freight: Read The Details Below
Items shipped by Truck Freight will require a signature at the time of delivery. If you authorize the shipping company to deliver your products with no signature, FireCraft, Inc. cannot be held responsible for any damages that may have occurred during shipping.
- NOTE – All shipments should be inspected at the time of delivery. Damaged packages should be refused.
- If you are not sure how to receive a Truck Freight shipment, take a look at our How To Receive Freight Shipment checklist. This form will arrive with your shipment.
- We strongly recommend that you read and understand this form before your shipment arrives, or if you are planning on placing an order that will require Truck Freight shipping.